You can move or Transfer your Station license(s) and/or Player licenses to a new computer without assistance from BrainTrain Support. Player Licenses may be deactivated and reactivated twice. Cloud licenses cannot be deactivated and transferred to a new player, but you can import any existing Cloud Players to a new computer.
This procedure works for the following products:
- Captain’s Log MindPower Builder
- Any of the Memory Gyms
- Attention Gym AE
- TNT Reading (version 2012.1 and above)
- SmartMind 3
1) Start the program from which you want to move the license. If the Wizard mode starts, click on the “Advanced Menu” button.
2) Do backups of any and all your players before removing your license. Click here for further details on that procedure.
3) From the Advanced Menu, click on the “Registration & Support” button on the right side of the screen.
4) There are several boxes in the center of the screen. “Manage and Purchase Station Licenses” and “Manage and Purchase Player Licenses” are the one we will want to deal with when transferring a license. Click on whichever button corresponds to your type of license. Only one of them will usually be active at any one time. If the license is a Station License, there will be a “Deactivate” button near the center of the screen. Click that button to deactivate the license. If the licenses are Player licenses, you will need to select the player name from the list and then click “Deactivate” for each player individually.
5) Enter your Licensing Password when prompted. This would be the same password you received with your initial purchase and was used to register the software.
6) Once Deactivated, the Station license will appear in the “Available Station License” list at the top of the screen. Player Licenses will appear in the “Available Player License” list. Click on the “Upload” button after highlighting the license to send that license back to the registration server. If you have multiple Player Licenses you are trying to move, you’ll have to Upload each one individually.
7) Enter your Licensing Password when prompted. This would be the same password you received with your initial purchase and was used to register the software.
8) Your license will now be resaved to our Licensing Server and is available for download to a new computer with however much time was remaining on the license.