If you experience issues such as:
- Text not fitting on buttons or Odd text wrapping (see example)
- inaccessible Text or Number boxes (Example #1) (Example #2)
- Text too small to read (see example)
These issues can be caused by a DPI Setting above 100% on the computer’s Display Settings. Many of today’s higher resolution monitors will automatically set the Font Size to 150% or 200% to make icons and on-screen text easier to read. This higher setting can cause problems with the menu systems in BrainTrain applications. But, you can override the Font Size/DPI setting on a Program-by-Program basis.
- Right-click on the program’s desktop shortcut and select Properties on the pop-up menu.
- Click the Compatibility tab. Note: If you don’t see this tab, you may need to open File Explorer, and right-click on the program’s actual EXE file buried somewhere on your drive — Program Files or Program Files (x86). Sometimes desktop shortcuts don’t allow for compatibility changes.
- Under Settings, click Change High DPI Settings.
- A second pop-up window appears on the screen. Check the box next to “Program DPI” and “Override High DPI Scaling Behavior.”
- Press OK, then Apply on the previous Properties screen.
- If you had the program open, you will need to close the application and restart it for any changes to take effect.