This error could indicate that your video card, under current configuration, does not support DirectX 10 which we use to draw the video surface to the screen. You must have a DirectX 10-compatible video card. The GPU-Z Utility can run a scan of your video card and determine if it supports DirectX 10.
- You will want to pay attention to the highlighted sections in the graphic above. The “DirectX Support” section should display at least 10.0 in order to properly use BrainTrain software. The “Name” section should display a manufacturer name and model number for your installed card. If you see anything like “Generic VGA Graphics Adapter” or anything else that looks non-specific, then that could be an indication that you have the wrong video card driver file installed. You would then want to check with the Support website for your computer manufacturer to be sure that you have the proper video driver installed.
There may be software updates available either to your video card (driver files) or to the Windows system files that will resolve this error.
- Check the website for your video card/computer manufacturer to see if your current video card supports DirectX 10 and to see if there are any software/driver updates available for your video card.
- Check to see that the following Windows updates are downloaded and installed onto your computer. The easiest way is to simply try to install them again. If they already exist, the installer will notify you.
- DirectX Runtimes
- Platform Update for Vista (should be included if have at least Service Pack 1)
- Platform Update for Windows 7
If none of the above suggestions resolves the issue, then please create a new Support Ticket from within the program by following the steps below.
- Start the program and click on the “Registration & Support” button. If in the Wizard, click on “Advanced Menu” to see the Advanced Interface.
- Click on the button for “Tech Support”
- Complete the required fields and provide as much detail as possible. If you’ve previously opened a Ticket about the issue, add that Ticket number in the Notes.
- Be sure to check the boxes that provide BrainTrain with computer system information and activity logs. Please note that no confidential or patient identifying information will be transmitted to BrainTrain when a technical support ticket is submitted.