These steps should be followed on the Clinician’s computer before installing the program on the Home users system.
Follow the Steps below to Add a Cloud License to an existing Player on the Clinician’s computer.
- Start the program on the Clinician’s computer in which you wish to apply a Cloud license. If the Wizard opens by default, then click on the “Advanced Interface” button in the lower right corner.
- The Advanced Interface will open to the “Select Player” screen. Before proceeding further, be sure that you already have a Player created for the user that you wish to apply a Cloud license to. If not, create a Player by clicking the “Add New Player…” button.
- If the Player already exists, click on that player’s name to verify that the Player isn’t already on the Cloud. Once the Player name is highlighted, check the “Database Location” field located at the top of the screen. If the “Database Location” say that the Player is “Local” or “Network,” then the player is not currently on the Cloud. If the “Database Location” says “Cloud”, then there should be no further action you need to take.
- If the Player was not currently on the Cloud as determined in Step 3 above, then click on the “Registration & Support” button located on the right side of the screen.
- From the “Registration & Support” screen, click on the “Manage Cloud Licenses” button. The next screen will show a list of all available players (near the bottom of the screen) and a list of all available Cloud Licenses for activation (at the top of the screen) (see example).
- You can check the column for “Cloud Access Expiration Date” (see example) to see if a player has already had a Cloud license activated. That column should show either an NA or a date. If NA, then no Cloud license was previously activated.
- If there was no Cloud Access license already attached to the player (Step 6 above), then check the “Available” section at the top of the screen to check if any licenses have been previously downloaded to the computer. If so, simply highlight the Players name in the list at the bottom, then highlight one of the Cloud licenses and press the “Activate” button (see example).
- You will be prompted to enter your “Registration Password” which would have been provided to you with your original purchase. Follow the on-screen prompts to apply the license and then to move the Player to the Cloud. After the Player is moved to the Cloud, the system will display the “Trainer ID,” “Player ID,” “Player Password,” and “Screen Name” in a pop-up. You can Print, Email or use the CTRL+C command to copy this information to an external document. Your Home client will need that information along with an installed copy of the Cloud program to import the player to their computer.
- You can also see the “Trainer ID,” “Player ID,” “Player Password,” and “Screen Name” by going to “Select Player” and then clicking the button for “Information Needed to Import Cloud Player to Another Computer.”
- If no licenses are available under the “Available Cloud Access License,” then click on the “Download” button (see example) located at the bottom of the screen to see if you have any available on the License server. You will be prompted to enter your “Registration Password” which would have been provided to you with your original purchase. Select and download a Cloud license to your computer, then return to Step 6 above.
- If there are no Cloud licenses available on your computer or on the Registration Server, you can click the “Renew” or “Purchase” button at the bottom of the screen to purchase more licenses or contact BrainTrain Sales to purchase additional cloud licenses.
- Have your Client follow the instructions in http://www.braintrainhelp.com/how-to-import-a-cloud-user-at-home/ to import the Cloud Player for usage at home.
Additional Tips to Remember when Working with the Cloud System
- Any local changes, settings and data are synced with the Cloud server on Program Startup, at the end of a training session or when manually forced. If you are making changes in the office but not running through a training session, you WILL NEED to manually sync your changes with the Cloud to insure the Home client receives those changes. Do this under “Select Player”, then press the button to the right for “Sync Selected Player” located to the right of the player list. That will move the current settings and changes up to the cloud at that moment. The program will also ask you any time the program is closed if you wish to sync the changes to the cloud at that time.
- By default, the Home Cloud Player is unable to make any settings changes, run Tests, or run any programs outside of what you, the clinician, have setup in their Training Plan. If you wish to allow them to make changes or run the Test Batteries remotely, you can enable that for them by going to “Select Player”, click on the name of the player and press the “Edit Selected Player” button from the Clinician’s side. Then, check the box for “Enable Changing Cloud Player Options”, (see example) press OK, and then press the “Sync Selected Player” button to the right of the player list to move that change to the Cloud database. That will give the Home client access to all settings on the system with the exception that they still will not be able to Edit their player or Delete their player from the Cloud. You can undo that change at any time by simply unchecking the “Enable Changing Cloud Player Options” box and then manually syncing the player again.
- The Cloud user must have a Training Plan associated with them in order for the Home user to be able to run the program at home. If you do not create a Training Plan prior to moving the person to the Cloud, then the first time the Home user runs the system it will create a default plan for them.