Generating a Station Key for Transferring from IVA+Plus to IVA-2
- Install the IVA-2 Program if not already installed on the computer where you have your current IVA+Plus license registered. Please note that the IVA-2 is only compatible with Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1. If your IVA+Plus is installed on a computer with Windows XP, then open a support ticket requesting an IVA-2 Transfer and note that the IVA+Plus is on a Windows XP computer.
- Start the IVA-2 program by double clicking on the desktop icon.
- When prompted if you’d like to set a System Password, you can choose Yes or No and follow the on-screen prompts to complete that process. You can always choose No and set a Password later.
- When the “Getting Started” screen appears, you can choose to read or print those documents or press the “Close” button at the bottom of the screen. You can access the documentation at a later time by clicking on the “Getting Started” button from within the IVA-2 Menu screen.
- Press OK on the “Trial Version” prompt.
- On the “Check Date and Time” Prompt, verify that your computer date and time are correct. If not, choose No and the system will provide you with an opportunity to change that setting. If all is correct, choose Yes.
- At the “Log In” screen which prompts for a Customer ID and Password, enter this information (previously supplied) and press the OK button.
- The system should ask you if you wish to transfer any available tests, subscriptions, or other IVA+Plus licenses to IVA-2. Choose Yes at this screen. A new window will appear that lists a Station Key. Please enter your email address where you would like the Transfer Key sent into the available field, and press the “Send Support Ticket” button. This will create a Support Ticket in our Support system tied to the email address you entered along with the Station Key that Support needs to generate your Update Special Key code. We will send that information back to you as soon as possible.
- Once you receive your email back with the attached Transfer Key, enter that information into the “Transfer Key” field located at the bottom of the screen and then press the “Enter” key.
- You should then receive a message stating that Registration was successful. Press OK on that message and your current license should be reflected in the upper-right corner of the main IVA-2 screen.
- You may also have received a series of “”Purchase ID” and “License Key” in addition to your Transfer Key. If so, click on the “Registration & Support” button and then the “Apply Test License” or “Apply Report License” button as appropriate to apply each of those additional licenses.
Follow the instructions at http://www.braintrainhelp.com/converting-an-ivaplus-database-for-usage-in-iva-2/ to Transfer your existing records in IVA+Plus to IVA-2.