The normal transfer process requires that you install IVA-AE2 onto the same PC where you have IVA-AE installed and registered. However, in some cases this is not possible (IVA-AE is installed on XP which IVA-AE2 does not support) or you may wish to move your testing station to a new computer. In those instances, follow the steps below.
- Follow these instructions to verify the number of remaining Tests and Reports on your IVA-AE license and open a support ticket to report that information to Technical Support.
- Follow the download/installation instructions you received with your order for IVA-AE2 on the new computer while you await a response from support.
- Create a backup of your IVA-AE Database so that it can be moved to the new computer and converted for usage in IVA-AE2.
- Once you receive a reply from support, follow the instructions to “Reset” your IVA-AE licenses on the old computer and reply back to your support ticket once that process is complete.
- BrainTrain support will then setup your new license for the IVA-AE2 and reply back with registration instructions. Follow those instructions to apply your new IVA-AE2 license.
- Follow the instructions to convert your old IVA-AE backup for usage in IVA-AE2 and merge that into the IVA-AE2 system.