This error, “Unable to load DLL ‘d3dcompiler_43.dll'” is caused by a missing file included in the DirectX Runtimes which is an optional installer provided by Microsoft. You can download and install the DirectX Runtimes from the following link: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109
This error also could indicate that your video card, under current configuration, does not support DirectX 10 which we use to draw the video surface to the screen. You must have a DirectX 10-compatible video card. The GPU-Z Utility can run a scan of your video card and determine if it supports DirectX 10.
- You will want to pay attention to the highlighted sections in the graphic above. The “DirectX Support” section should display at least 10.0 in order to properly use BrainTrain software. The “Name” section should display a manufacturer name and model number for your installed card. If you see anything like “Generic VGA Graphics Adapter” or anything else that looks non-specific, then that could be an indication that you have the wrong video card driver file installed. You would then want to check with the Support website for your computer manufacturer to be sure that you have the proper video driver installed.
It may be necessary for you to also install the Platform Update for your specific Windows version (if running Windows Vista or Windows 7). These can be downloaded and installed from the following links:
Platform Update for Windows 7
Platform Update for Windows Vista
If none of the above suggestions resolves the issue, then please create a new Support Ticket from within the program by following the steps below.
- Start the program and click on the “Registration & Support” button. If in the Wizard, click on “Advanced Menu” to see the Advanced Interface.
- Click on the button for “Tech Support”
- Complete the required fields and provide as much detail as possible. If you’ve previously opened a Ticket about the issue, add that Ticket number in the Notes.
- Be sure to check the boxes that provide BrainTrain with computer system information and activity logs. Please note that no confidential or patient identifying information will be transmitted to BrainTrain when a technical support ticket is submitted.